Molten Lava Cakes (gluten free)
4 Tbsp Butter
2/3 Cup of Powdered Sugar (You can use less, depending on desired sweetness level)
A pinch of salt
2 Tsp of instant coffee
4 Ounces of Chocolate (bittersweet)
6 Tbsp Gluten-Free flour blend
1/4 tsp Xanthan gum (if using gluten free flour that does not already contain xanthan gum)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
2. Butter 4 ramekins. I’ve used 6-ounce (180 ml) ramekins. Then dust the ramekins with some confectioners’ sugar (I have also used coconut sugar for dusting)
3. Mis the eggs, sugar, coffee, and salt into a bowl for about 2 minutes.
4. Break the chocolate into pieces. Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, Microwave on high in 20-second increments, stirring after each, until melted. Or you can make a double boiler and melt the chocolate using that. Let cool slightly.
5. Add the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Whisk to combine.
6. Then add the flour, and whisk just until combined (do not overmix).
7. Pour the batter into prepared ramekins.
8. Bake for about 11 minutes, remove and enjoy!